Virtual Consultations at Capizzi MD
Our providers conduct all virtual consultations from our office here in Charlotte, NC. For each of the following steps, you will have the assistance from our Patient Care Coordinator. We do charge a consultation fee, which the Patient Care Coordinator will discuss with you. To honor our patients who wish to stay in their homes during the COVID-19 outbreak, we have waived this fee until further notice.
Steps to Follow
- Step 1 – Please fill out our Consultation Request Form and indicate you are interested in a virtual consultation. There is no cost to do this. Keep in mind that photos will be required to complete the consult and help with your evaluation.
- Step 2 – You’ll be contacted within one business day to schedule the virtual consultation. Our Patient Care Coordinator will inform you what photos are needed and how to securely transfer your photos. If we deem you are not a candidate for surgery/ treatment from the information that’s been provided, we will notify you.
- Step 3 – We will have your virtual consultation through the use of FaceTime or Skype. Our Patient Care Coordinator can help assist you with either platform if needed.
- Step 4 – After your consultation, please expect our Patient Care Coordinator to follow up within one business day regarding pricing and scheduling. Once more, please note that if we deem you are not a candidate for surgery or treatment from the information that’s been provided, we will notify you.
- Step 5 – If coming from out of town, you should arrive a day prior to your surgery/ treatment appointment so you can meet me and my team for a confirmatory exam. If located in our area, we will schedule this exam a minimum of one week ahead of your appointment date. Our providers will provide you with a fine-tuned treatment plan and take the opportunity to address any questions and concerns you may have concerning the procedure.
- Step 6 – If you live out of town, the day after surgery/treatment you’ll meet with our providers at the Capizzi MD office for a follow-up appointment to ensure proper healing. If you live in the area, prepare to meet for your first followup appointment 2-3 days following surgery/treatment.
- Step 7 – Expect a virtual or phone follow-up at 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months. Of course, if you’re in the Charlotte, NC area, we can always arrange for in-person follow up to evaluate your results.