Traveling for Treatment
Dr. Peter Capizzi has earned acclaim for his peers and patients alike for his outstanding results in breast augmentation, tummy tucks, liposuction, face & neck lifts, injectables, Profound Skin Tightening, and the popular “Mommy Makeover.” As a double-board certified plastic surgeon, he has performed thousands of procedures over the past 25 years.
Dr. Capizzi’s practice serves the greater Charlotte area including Downtown to Lake Norman. He often consults and treats patients traveling for plastic surgery from other states or countries. Out of town patients will find that booking flights, accommodations, and other travel-related needs is easy with the help of our Patient Experience Director. Recovering patients will receive great attention when finding the right hotel and accommodations.
Your initial consultation would be virtual via FaceTime or Skype and offer you a chance to meet Dr. Capizzi and his surgical team “in person.” During this consultation they will work with you and your lifestyle to build a treatment plan.
During this meeting you we will also introduce you to our fabulous Patient Care Coordinator. They will help you with your visit as much as you need and can recommend accommodations or things to do as you see fit. They will also help with surgical logistics such as advising when to plan your flights, scheduling your time for surgery, and arranging your follow up visits.
Planning Your Visit
We suggest you plan to arrive one day before your surgery, we will schedule an appointment for you to meet Dr. Capizzi and the surgical team in person so you can begin to get comfortable and prepare for the day ahead!
Surgery day! You will arrive at the office 45 minutes ahead of your scheduled start time. You will need to arrange for a trusted adult to pick you up and care for you the first night after surgery. If you are traveling solo, we can recommend a luxury nursing care service who can provide this care for you.
The next day we will arrange for you to come into the office for your first post-op appointment and Lymphatic Treatment. After Dr. Capizzi ensures that you are healing well, the remainder of your visits can be completed virtually so that you can return home.
Recommended Pre-Operative Supplies
You will receive a pre-operative kit containing products for before and after your surgery, including:
- Anti-microbial wash: For prepping your skin in the shower prior to surgery
- Biocorneum Silicone Scar Gel: To speed healing of incisions
- Coobie Bralette if receiving breast surgery: A comfortable stretchy bra for after your surgery
- Arnika Forte Supplements: Prevent bruising and swelling with this herbal supplement
- Capizzi MD Breast and/or Body Moisturizer: Developed by Dr. Capizzi to provide nourishment to skin that may be needing some extra love after your surgery.
In addition, we recommend picking up some additional supplies at any pharmacy to enhance your comfort:
- Underpads and Gauze: Having clean, dry dressings on hand will keep you feeling fresh.
- Instant ice packs: Keep swelling in check without need for a freezer
- Medical tape
Accommodations: Recover in Comfort
The main thing to keep in mind is that you want to be comfortable and at ease during your recovery. Do you prefer staying in a home? Would you prefer room & maid services while recovering? Decide what would be best for your situation and read our recommendations below:
- Kimpton Tryon Park: 2.3 miles from Capizzi MD in Uptown Charlotte. Enjoy a luxury, serene recovery at this amazing hotel.
- Grand Bohemian: 2.6 miles from Capizzi MD in Uptown Charlotte. Glamorous charm with many activities, food, and entertainment at your fingertips.
- The Westin Charlotte: 1.6 miles from Capizzi MD. Just steps from Bank of America stadium, this hotel has gorgeous views and provides a relaxing environment for your recovery.
- Airbnb: Check out the nearby neighborhoods of Dilworth, Elizabeth, and Myers Park for a home-away-from-home experience.
Things To Do While Your Loved One Is in Surgery
Are you dropping off and picking up a friend or loved one at our office? There are so many things to do just a short walk or drive away from the office. Enjoy one of the many beloved coffee shops, fantastic restaurants, or unique boutiques that Dilworth has to offer. Some staff favorites are:
- Nothing But Coffee: 0.9 miles from the office. For the caffeine connoisseur.
- Sunflower Bakery: 0.6 miles from the office. For the sweet tooth and lover of outdoor patios.
- Freedom Park: 1 mile from the office. For some fresh air or playground for the kiddos.
- Paper Skyscraper: 0.8 miles from the office. For a cute Charlotte memento.
Things To Do Around Charlotte
There are so many things to do around this bustling city! Extend your stay a day or two and take in what Charlotte has to offer.
- Catch a game: Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, Charlotte Knights, and Charlotte Checkers. There is something for every sport lover!
- Enjoy the outdoors: Check out the US National Whitewater Center or the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens.
- Brewery Tour: Sample local beers, ciders, or other libations at some of our favorite breweries such as Sycamore Brewing, Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, Charlotte Bier Garden and many more! (All kid friendly here)
- Games: Our favorite happy hour spots always include fun games! Check out Slingshot, TopGolf, or The Blind Pig.
Dr. Capizzi’s Favorite Restaurants
Since making his home in Charlotte over 25 years ago, Dr. Capizzi has sampled many of the fare available in the area and has a great recommendation based upon what you like! If you don’t see anything here, ask him or any of our staff for their favorites!
- Yafo: Fast-casual Mediterranean
- Common Market: Delicious sandwich spot
- 300 East: New American fare
- Stagioni: Italian with a quiet, upscale vibe
- Calle Sol: Funky Cerveceria with some great cocktails and amazing food
- Barcelona: Lighter tapas menu with amazing wine pairings
Our main priority is making your visit to Charlotte and to our practice an exceptional experience. From world-class medical care to enjoying your time, please let any of our staff know how we can make your stay more enjoyable and thank you for choosing us to be a part of your journey. Curious about arranging your virtual consultation with Dr. Capizzi? Request your appointment here.
Having been through the Capizzi experience, these patients can help you understand the smoothness of the journey.