It’s no surprise that rhinoplasty, aka nose job, is among the top five most popular cosmetic procedures performed in the United States year after year. With a few subtle changes in aesthetics, nasal reshaping can make huge differences in your appearance. While a surgical procedure is going to provide long-lasting results, we also know that the cost and downtime can be prohibitive. At Capizzi MD, we offer both surgical and non-surgical nose job options for our patients.
The Liquid Rhinoplasty
Liquid rhinoplasty, or non-surgical rhinoplasty, is the injection of dermal fillers into the nose to alter its shape. This can be a great option for patients interested in immediate results, without the long downtime associated with a traditional rhinoplasty.
It can also be a great option for patients who are interested in a very acute correction. Maybe you had a rhinoplasty in the past and still have some irregularities, or maybe you want to see what a rhinoplasty would look like without the commitment. These are great use cases for liquid rhinoplasty.
With a liquid rhinoplasty, the results are temporary, as dermal fillers usually last 1-2 years. However, there are no splints, extensive bruising, or restrictions in activity like with a surgical rhinoplasty. The results are immediate and swelling usually subsides in 3-4 days so you can resume your regular routine without interruption.
This procedure is a budget-friendly option to surgical rhinoplasty. These procedures take 1-2 syringes of filler, meaning that you don’t need to spend tens of thousands of dollars to get the results you want.
African American and Asian Liquid Rhinoplasty
Various ethnicities are known for having flatter nose bridges. African Americans and Asians see this as a common facial trait. Sometimes patients with these backgrounds seek to “build up” the bridge of the nose to improve facial appearance. This is a great application for liquid rhinoplasty. Injecting filler directly onto the bridge of the nose can help enhance the contour of the face and provide great, long-lasting results.
Whereas other ethnicities are known for having more of a dorsal hump, common in Caucasians. Sometimes a liquid rhinoplasty can be a great choice to improve slight imperfections and smooth bumps, but sometimes it is not a good choice because the addition of filler can enhance the hump and make it more prominent.
Sometimes referred to as the “Tinkerbell Tip Lift,” filler can be injected underneath the tip of the nose, just between the nostrils, to create a slight elevation of the tip of the nose. Seemingly a subtle application, this can dramatically change the look and shape of the nose.
- The procedure only takes about 15 minutes, a lot faster than hours of surgery.
- No general anesthesia is required, drive yourself to and from your appointment.
- Results are immediate with minimal recovery time. Most patients return to work/life the following day.
- If hyaluronic filler is used it is 100% reversible. At Capizzi MD we use Juvéderm hyaluronic acid products to achieve your goals.
More budget-friendly than a surgical rhinoplasty.
- Results are temporary, with most surgeons recommending touch-ups every 9-12 months. If you plan to keep the results for an extended period of time it may be good to consider a surgical option.
- Heightened risk of occlusion and other improperly injected filler complications. This treatment should be performed by an esteemed facial surgeon who is intimately familiar with the blood vessels in the nose and mid-face. Complications are very rare in the hands of a properly trained physician.
If you would like to ask more questions about your rhinoplasty options, build a treatment plan to achieve your aesthetic goals, or schedule a consultation with our amazing facial surgeon, Dr. Brian May, please give our office a call at 704-655-8988. We are happy to discuss pricing, recovery, and answer initial questions ahead of your appointment and give you more insight into our procedures!