It’s hard not to envy the plump, expressive lips of Angelina Jolie. Or the soft, full mouth of Scarlett Johansson. But even if you’re not red-carpet status, you can still have that red-carpet look. It’s as simple as a lip flip or a lip filler.
We offer both of these non-surgical injections from the comfort of Capizzi, M.D., so you can enhance the look you have with fuller, poutier lips that let you look — and feel -— like a celebrity.
Considering a flip or filler before your next big event, or just to freshen up your everyday appearance? Take a look at the pros and cons of each, so you can choose what’s best for your goals.
A lip flip allows the upper part of your lip to relax and flip outward, creating the appearance of fuller lips. We make the lip flip happen with an injection of 4-6 units of Botox® to the upper lip.
Botox® is made from Botulinum Toxin, a substance that partially paralyzes the facial muscles that create undesirable lines such as the creases between your eyebrows, crow’s feet or lines across the forehead. Botox® injections create temporary smoothness to let your face radiate with a more youthful look. The treatment can also be used to treat TMJ or combat excessive sweating in the underarms, feet or hands.
- The lip flip amplifies the natural shape of your lips, without exaggerating, for an all-natural effect.
- It’s a less-invasive option for lip enhancement. In fact, it’s considered to be one of the safest and most widely used injectables on a global level.
- It’s not as expensive as a lip filler. At Capizzi, M.D., lip flips are incorporated as an addition to another Botox® treatment area. The minimum purchase of injectables is $250 or 20 units of Botox®. Usually, the 20 units can target the forehead and lip flip, or you can add the lip flip to your chosen treatment for an additional fee (it’s just 4-6 units).
- There’s no downtime after the injections. You’re ready to step back out into your typical day.
- The lip flip can compensate for a gummy smile, or a smile that shows a lot of your top gums and a thin stretch of upper lip.
- The lip flip doesn’t last as long as filler. It lasts about 4-6 weeks maximum, since the lips are so heavily used for expressions, eating and more. Consistent upkeep is required for a continual effect. BUT, anyone new to the lip flip can relax, knowing that it’s quite temporary if you just want to try it out with minimum commitment.
- There’s a delay in results. Complete results can be seen about a week after your visit.
- You can experience short-term numbness and swelling.
We use Juvéderm Vollure for our lip filler at Capizzi, M.D. to make your lips physically fuller in volume. It’s touted as part of the top-selling dermal filler collection in the world.
Prior to the treatment, we put a topical numbing cream on your lips to reduce any discomfort you may feel during the treatment. During the treatment, we inject the clear, hyaluronic acid gel into your lips as well as around them. The gel contains a soft filler that creates the effect, as well as lidocaine to decrease pain. To reduce any discomfort or anxiety, we additionally offer ProNox relaxation, a patient-controlled nitrous oxide delivery system.
- Filler can last up to a year, for a long-term, consistent look.
- There’s no illusion. It actually makes your lips plumper in shape and size while smoothing the lines around them.
- You see results right away.
- The acid is naturally found in the body so it’s safe, with a low risk of allergic reaction.
- Our team can control your increase in lip volume, since we can control how much gel we inject, to meet your vision.
- Lip filler is more expensive than a lip flip (Plan to pay $750+ per syringe). That said, you’re still investing in longer-lasting results.
- Side effects may range from tenderness to bumps, swelling, bruising and redness. However, any side effect is usually mild and doesn’t last more than a month.
But wait — can you combine a lip flip and filler?
Actually, yes. This can be a rewarding option for someone who has really thin lips.
So, what’s the right tactic for you?
You decide. For any option, consider our walk-in-Botox bartm, where we offer Botox® or filler with no appointment. Sip a complimentary beverage, sit back for your treatment and walk out with a $50 coupon for any filler at your next visit. Need to think it through more? We’re also here for a consultation to help you figure out your next step. Red carpet or not.