Do you have hopes, aspirations and goals for 2015? We do here at Capizzi MD Plastic Surgery. But more on that next year (stay tuned!). Right now, we’re in a contemplative mood and already looking back on 2014 with a keen and thoughtful eye. In this week’s edition of the Doctor’s Blog, we want to share a retrospective on the top ten highlights of 2014. Let’s go.
- Gummy Bears Get (Even) Better: Capizzi has been involved in the development of the fifth-generation cohesive gel breast implant, A.K.A. Gummy Bear in advance of its FDA approval. He participated in the FDA investigation. In 2014, continued Gummy Bear advances – namely anatomically shaped and textured devices – will continue to secure Gummy Bear preeminence.
- COOLSCULPTING®: Body contouring is an expertise of Dr. Capizzi. In 2014, Dr. Jennifer Harrington pioneered a new approach to COOLSCULPTING®: Body contouring is an expertise of Dr. Capizzi. In 2014, Dr. Seri: During breast reconstruction and breast implant revision surgery, it is often necessary to create an “internal bra” to secure the implant in place. Dr. Capizzi introduced the superior Seri to Charlotte in 2014. A natural material derived from silk, Seri is a superior product, supporting great results at a more affordable price than its predecessor for Dr. Capizzi’s patients.
- Nurse Practitioner Degrees: Capizzi and the team are fully committed to continuous learning. This year, R.N.s Tammy Ryan and Grace Anglin commenced work on their N.P. degrees. A round of applause to two of our favorite nurses.
- Preceptorships, Papers & Awards: Capizzi is broadly recognized as a top plastic surgeon. In 2014, Charlotte Magazine once again named him Top Doc and so has Real Self, the nation’s largest online community for people seeking information on cosmetic procedures. Both have been highlights of 2014, as the many conferences, meetings, papers and preceptorships he has supported.
- Voluma: The FDA approved JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®, a HA dermal filler with results lasting up to two years. Delighted patients who received JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® treatment in 2014.
- Carolina Breast Friends Advisory: Breast reconstruction surgery after mastectomy is an expertise of Dr. Capizzi. Physical recovery is part of the challenge facing breast cancer survivors. Emotional and spiritual well-being are also critically important. Dr. Capizzi is pleased to be an active supporter of the Pink House and CBF.
- Image Skincare: Capizzi MD curates the best medical-grade skincare products on behalf of our patients. This year, we carefully studied and introduced the all-natural Image Skincare lineup to our practice. It is gentle, effective and affordably priced.
- Seth’s Victory: Capizzi is a great surgeon and a leader on national plastic surgery platforms. He’s also the father of five. On a personal note, the doctor cheered his son Seth onto the NTBA national championship in 2014. For purposes of our year in review, Seth represents the love and encouragement Dr.Capizzi feels for his entire family.
- Patients Like You: Capizzi’s last highlight of 2014 is an easy one and also the most important. It is the distinct honor and privilege of serving patients like you. On behalf of Dr. Capizzi, thank you for your trust and your confidence. We look forward to continuing our relationship!